Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Last week, we dyed my hair a bright fuschia-ish purple.

I've been a slightly paler version of this in the past. 
The formula then was 3/4 lavender, and 1/4 violet, but this time we went half and half. 
Last time I kept my eyebrows blonde. This time I decided to fully commit. Go big or go home. 
I looked and looked and looked at all the make-up at Target, and found an eyeliner that is an insane shade called VIOLET BLAST! which matches my hair almost perfectly. 
 Now I think that when people look at me, it registers that something is off, but since the brows and hair match, it doesn't make the same impression it did last time. 
Barely anyone says anything about my hair except for black ladies and old men.  Or it could be that I don't work in the Southport Corridor anymore. I garnered a lot of stares and glares and gawks on the Southport Corridor. 
Working just off Clark and Belmont, my hair is averagely interesting. I mostly see flaming reds, hot pinks, and bright blues, but not a lot of purple. Sometimes some green, sometimes not. 
But other than a girl working at The Alley, I haven't seen anyone else match their brows.
Please note that in this photo, while the brows coordinate, they are not actually drawn in properly - this was just straight up color applied to my brows for fun. It just gives you a tiny hint of the possibility.

No comments: